As youth begin to face the many challenges of adolescence, they are more likely to begin distancing themselves from formal organizations, friends and family, and to experiment with unhealthy and illegal behaviors. The 7th Grade Initiative is an opportunity for the Y to engage, cultivate and connect with youth at a time that is most crucial to their development.
·This program is ongoing
· Program will begin December 2019 and end the last day of the 2020 school year.
· To participate in the 7GI Program, students must:
· Provide a copy of final 6th or first 7th grade report card for proof of 7th grade status
·Have a parent of guardian present at time of registration
·Pick up program application & guidelines handbook at the Welcome Center Desk. Parent is to review and sign the application & guidelines handbook with child.
· A FREE membership to the Greater Scranton YMCA with weekly workouts and fitness classes
· Volunteer opportunities
· Community service projects
· Community partnerships
· Mentoring opportunities
· Group trips
Contact Brandon Whipple, Health and Wellness Director, at (570) 828-3116 or email email@example.com for more information!